Digital (selling) Consultant Water
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to be part of the creation of a successful business in the digital industry space?
The digital transformation in Water
Our client – a leading Dutch engineering firm – is connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with their clients and partners, they use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way they are able to structurally support clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. The motto is, also in the inevitable Digital Transformation: “Let’s Enhance Society Together!”
As a leading engineering firm in the water sector, our client has been helping society manage water in all its aspects for more than 100 years. They continuously keep up with the major challenges that water management has. And they are proactive! For example, our client has recognized at an early stage that digitization, IT and a data-driven approach have great potential to meet these challenges. Based on this determination, they developed a wide range of digital services and products to support their clients in their digital transformation. This digital transformation is now in full swing and the need for this type of digital services and products is growing rapidly.
Last year, our client launched their digital practice. This new business unit delivers both digital consultancy services as well as software based solutions based on deep domain knowledge.
The digital consultancy team consists of 120 employees in the Netherlands, UK and Singapore. The provide both consultancy services related to digital transformation (like digital strategy, – implementation, enterprise architecture and data services like in depth training, data strategies and implementation) as well as the development of bespoke data solutions around domain specific areas like smart infrastructure, water & energy systems and climate. The team consist of business consultants, enterprise architect, GIS – and data engineering and data scientist.
As part of the growth strategy for this business unit, our client is looking to strengthen the team with a Business developer / senior digital consultant for the Water sector.
This is a position characterized by a strong commercial flavour in combination with excellent consultancy skills. You bear ultimate responsibility for the integrated sales funnel for the Digital Consultancy branch within the Water sector, with primary focus on development and delivery of impactful data solutions. Consider – for example – consultancy services in the domains Data Science / Machine Learning, Data Engineering, BIM, Digital Twins, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Internet of Things, Cloud technology, advanced GIS and Remote Sensing technology. But also, custom solutions in Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Esri Arcgis is in scope.
Your core tasks:
- To realize the growth ambition in the digital water market based on the data analytics tools and digital consultancy portfolio with basic growth in the Netherlands and expansion in the United Kingdom.
- Define priority areas, segments and value propositions to focus on in primarily the Dutch water market.
- Further refine value propositions that fit market needs and own capabilities, including validation in the market.
- Commercial activities including the positioning of these services in the market, initiate and lead discussion with selected key clients and generate a broad portfolio of activities.
- Build relevant eco systems from a thought leadership, go to market and technology perspective.
- Lead where a propriate the execution of these projects as strategic advisor or project director.
- Participate and take active role in further definition and building of the team to enable future growth.
Who are you?
We are looking for a combination of relevant experience and competencies:
- You have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in a sales or (commercial) business development role for (digital) consultancy preferrably as a selling consultant.
- You are demonstrably skilled and effective in developing leads into concrete quotation requests.
- You are solidly grounded in bid management of larger and complex quotation processes.
- You are a fast and effective networker with clear communication skills, both internally within the organization where you work, but especially in the market.
- You are strong in building and maintaining relationships with (potential) clients.
- You have demonstrably strong account management skills.
- You know the challenges in the water sector, both nationally and internationally.
- You are familiar with the digital themes of our digital services portfolio (f.e. data science, data engineering, GEO-ICT, dashboarding, software-development).
- You have an independent, pragmatic, result driven and proactive mindset.
- You are capable of translating operational, tactical and/or strategical challenges from our customers into specific solutions.
- You are a team player internally: you know how to motivate the colleagues.
A great working atmosphere with short internal lines, where collegiality and development of the organization and employees are the most important factors. You will be rewarded based on personal competences. The professional development opportunities are extensive. This is combined with an excellent package of flexible employment conditions and a good work-life balance such as flexible working hours and home working options.