Junior data analyst
Are you looking to kick-start your career in data and finance? Do you want to enhance society by applying and developing your skills? Do you want to be part of an open network, which connects you with innovative technologies and the brightest & smartest people all around the world?
Our client is recruiting a talented data analyst who can easily extract actionable insights from data and is eager to help us to implement our data analytics & reporting strategy.
You will be working for a worldwide engineering and consultancy firm, with 6000 colleagues spread over 150 countries. They have a strong committment to working with clients and partners on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy.
Sounds good, right?
The company has been around for more than 135 years. They drive inclusive sustainable development with their clients in areas that they master and can actively influence. Everyone is keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. The networked organisation structure of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together they have the ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting their collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
The corporate analytics team reports directly to the Director Business Control. They support all corporate units by providing data-driven analyses & reporting and by supporting their digital and data-centred transformations. The team you will be part of is ultimately responsible for all corporate-wide reporting and analytical needs, as well as providing support for business-driven client reporting.
You have a passion for data analytics, solving real puzzles, and adding value with your quantitative skills. You easily get to the core of a question and are able to clearly communicate about the results of your work. You recognise improvement opportunities both for the company and in your daily work.
These are the key responsibilities you will have:
- Analyse & prepare datasets for analysis and reporting needs;
- Design, build, and maintain ETL flows for continuous analysis of our data;
- Help with building, and maintaining machine learning models that support decision making;
- Work with stakeholders to develop data-driven solutions;
- Communicate about the results and workings of solutions developed in our team;
You have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Computer Science, (applied) Mathematics, Industrial engineering or another field with high exposure to data analytics;
- You have experience with or knowledge of the following tools and concepts:
- ETL tooling, such as Alteryx (preferred), KNIME, FME;
- Programming languages suited to work with data, such as Python en ‘R’;
- You are able to work with stakeholders outside the team and collaborate with them to solve their data-related challenges.
- Strong problem solving, statistical, and analytic abilities;
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities;
- You have a “can do” mindset, will take ownership and show energy & passion for technology;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
The position reports to the teamlead Analytics within the Corporate Group Finance (Business Control).
You will be offered the opportunity to make a difference in a key role within the organisation. You will work for an attractive employer with an outstanding international market position that offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional development. You are going to work in an inspiring working environment within a professional and internationally successful company. Characteristics are the freedom and responsibility to recognise challenges and develop own initiatives. The company culture is characterized by empowerment and accountability. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered (minimum € 2.469 – maximum € 3.526).
The position is based in the Utrecht region in the corporate HQ office.