Presales Technical Consultant
The Worldwide Presales organization of our cient provides world-class sales engineering support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation.
As a Senior Applications Delivery Management (ADM) Presales Technical Consultant, you will work with CIOs, CTOs, LOB leaders, IT specialists and other presales colleagues and sales team members to help drive ADM opportunities through the sales cycle from understanding customer business and technical requirements, building the solution architecture and driving the value based opportunity up
Your Technical and Business knowledge and credibility is critical to helping accelerate the sale of strategic and must-win deals.
Other responsibilities include coaching and enabling other presales team members from our partners, executing compelling software demonstrations, preparing RFI/RFP responses, delivering Proofs of Concept, building Business Value Propositions and Implementing Strategies that address our customers’ critical needs and business requirements in a complex environment.
In this position you must be capable of leading sales cycles with sales and our partners. The successful candidate must qualify ADM Software opportunities and sell “the need for and value of” to customers and stakeholders alike.
In this role, the successful candidate will act as a Subject Matter expert (SME) by providing best practice, competitive and solution specific value knowledge to your peers in the area of Applications Delivery Management (ADM).
Other Key activities Presales Technical Consultant
• Working with customer IT and LOB management in gathering and assessing customer needs, both business and technical.
• Identifying customer wide IT parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
• Participate actively with the account team in account and opportunity planning across the Region.
• Facilitate smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
• Actively participate in demand generation activities and attend market events on behalf of the company to showcase client’s value and capabilities
Knowledge and Skills Presales Technical Consultant
• Bachelor‘s degree + 10 years’ experience in IT and/or in consulting (Presales or Professional Services)
• Bilingual Dutch – English (spoken & written) is a must
• Familiarity with IT management frameworks and best practices: ITIL, COBIT, e-TOM, PRINCE
• Valid Track record in one of the following Business Applications Delivery or Quality assurance roles: QA Manager, QA Analyst, Business Applications Analyst, Development Manager
• Comfortable with Agile approach.
• Solution Selling Skills – Can effectively build relationships in the account independent of the Sales Representative. Recognizes and drives up-sell opportunities.
• Familiarity of the MEDDIC sale qualification method
• Architecting Experience – Architect an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s requirements and optimize a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity plus the broader customer IT strategy. Establish the validity of a solution and its components with
both short and long term implications
• Technical hands on required
• Trusted Advisor – Excelling in positioning as a trusted solution advisor in complex enterprise environment. Build customer loyalty.
• Communication Skills – Ability to prepare clear, concise and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing, presentation skills, listening actively.
• Open to travel extensively.